“Marzrasana is the cat-stretch, which is an ideal pose in which to rest between two strenuous poses in yoga. It also is a way to relieve the muscles that have become tensed with more intense back-bends. It also prepares you for difficult poses.
The first part discusses the therapeutic value of this pose, but this pose also has many `cosmetic’ benefits.
The up-down movement of the neck activates the delicate neck muscles, and preventing sagging at the neck and face. The pressure on the thyroid, also massages the thyroid, aiding weight loss by increasing metabolism. The hardening of the legs and arms between the two movements of each cat stretch, tones the limbs to a great extent.
Marjariasana or the Cat Pose in Yoga is excellent for improving flexibility of the spine. Most of the asanas or poses have been adopted by observing animals. The cat family has one of the most flexible spines in the animal kingdom. Marjariasana or the Cat pose is adopted after close observation of the domestic cat.
How to do Marjariasana ?
1) Kneel on the floor and lean forward putting both your palms on the floor pointing forward.
2) The legs can be slightly apart and palms should be at shoulder length.
3) Take the position similar to a standing cat. Let your trunk be parallel to the ground, the thighs should be vertical and straight. 4) 4) The lower leg and feet should be on the floor.
5) This is the base position. Relax your body completely. Make sure your shoulder and back muscles are relaxed.
6) Now exhale completely and feel your belly go inwards. At the same time move your head inwards between your shoulders. While doing this your back will bend and arch upwards.
7) Now inhale and arch your back in the opposite direction. The spine will bend slightly downwards. The head, neck and shoulders should be arched backwards, as if you are looking up.
8) Repeat this process, as many times as you are comfortable. Do this asana with slow and deep breathing and feel the stretch it gives to your back, neck and shoulders. Feel the stiffness disappear and the sense of greater flexibility in your back muscles and spine.
Yoga practices can make us more and more sensitive to subtle sensations in the body. Paying attention to and staying with finer sensations within the body is one of the surest ways to steady the wandering mind. Yoga Arena provides you with the best videos of yoga asanas, pranayam, meditation and many more exercises to bring back the fitness and healthy living for everyone.
Click Here to know Yoga Steps For good Health :http://goo.gl/5jTUho
For more FREE Yoga videos and tutorials, subscribe Yoga Arena: http://goo.gl/1pDrJB” Stay Connected with #fame on: